By Vaughna Schooler
During a season where colds and flus seem to be passed around non stop, coupled with the concern of the Coronavirus, M&I put together tips on how to keep yourself and your devices hygienic and healthy.
Follow the CDC’s recommendations as identified on the Coronavirus / COVID-19 Prevention & Treatment information page:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Sanitize Your Smartphone
- Before you start, power down the device or remove the battery
- Remove any cases, and unplug any accessories
- Start with a dry microfiber cloth to gently clean the screen
- If you need to use a wet cloth to clean with be sure to spray the cloth not the device
- Wait for the screen to be completely dry before powering back on
Often times, there are specific cleaning instructions listed online for each device if they are needed.
Clean Your Keyboards and Mouse
- Start by shaking off loose debris
- Next, use a disinfecting wipe to clean the surface
- Try to avoid harsh chemicals such as
- Because keyboard and mice are not waterproof be sure to keep moisture low and dry the devices thoroughly